Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Damn...... that's crazy, I wonder what the reserve is set at?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by firstgen87l@Jun 16 2004, 11:15 PM
Damn...... that's crazy, I wonder what the reserve is set at?
$20?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
:lol2: I think a little bit higher than that

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 17 2004, 12:56 PM
There is over 220000 miles on the vehicle, however it has a engine swat which was rebuilt
Those swats are a pain in the a** to replace. We did my buddies CRX and replaced it with a smack. A squish would have been great, but those are out of his price range. :biglaugh:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Just watch out for the b!tch slap...that's totally out of any of our price ranges...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 16 2004, 11:13 PM
I'm totally in love with this one..

There are many other modifications that have been done to this car over the five years. It currently has $20 invested.
I don't think you can ever have any money "invested" in a car. You can put money in a car to maintain it, but by definition, an investment is something that's likely to provide some sort of return on investment. Car's don't have a good record of doing that. As a matter of fact, they're good divestements where any money you put into it tends to just disappear. Ricers don't seem to get that.

Better off buying some shares of Berkshire Hathaway or something else if it's too expensive for you...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think you can ever have any money "invested" in a car. You can put money in a car to maintain it, but by definition, an investment is something that's likely to provide some sort of return on investment.
Alot of people invest, lose money, then invest more to try and recoup their losses. Such is the life of a ricer such as this guy. He "invests" $20 in a engine
swat, races a schwinn and loses. Goes home, kicks the front end of his car and now needs to "invest" more to recoup from his friends laughing at his dumb a**.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts