Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my kid sister; the 2002 SE that she drives to college was involved in a collision on campus. Some dingbat who was probably talking on her cellphone pulled out across oncoming traffic to make a left into the appropriate lane and t-boned my sister's Taurus in the drivers-side rear door. She was in said appropriate lane like anyone else heading that direction would be, when the other girl pulled out without looking around to spot other cars that would be in her way. The left rear door is likely smashed beyond repair, and the driver's door may be damaged too. What's still unclear pending the photos she'll be e-mailing is whether or not the left B-pillar took any structural damage. I don't even want to think about what THAT would cost to fix/replace, assuming the insurance carrier would bother to go for it. This is another reason to be thankful that she's driving a tough as nails, all-American Ford sedan that really couldn't be any safer to ride in during such a freak collision. God bless good old American-built craftsmanship. Just thought I should share for anyone who may doubt the Taurus's safety street-cred. :ford:

And by the way, my sister walked away with nothing more than a bruised ego for not having seeing the other car coming.

·
Registered
283 Posts
idk 2 girls driving in close proximity hmmm..... lmao jk as long as she is ok that is what counts. the steel can be replaced even american steel, lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts