Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will wheels that are 16x7 and have a +38 offset fit on my g3?

Also, how much wiggle room do I have on those measurements? Cause the seller said he wasn't 100% sure on the numbers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have 18x8s with a 38 offset. You should be good.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay.... so the seller just emailed me and they are actually +43 offset...

Same question... ?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Stock offset is 42mm.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So will 43 be a problem? That means the inner edge of the wheel will be closer to the engine, right? as opposed to stock.

·
Registered
681 Posts
With my 18x8s at a 38 adding an extra 1.5 inches from stock I'm ok. Those wheels would work great. Didn't you just get t-birds on there?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Yes. IIRC they're good up to 45.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With my 18x8s at a 38 adding an extra 1.5 inches from stock I'm ok. Those wheels would work great. Didn't you just get t-birds on there?
[/b]
yes... :unsure: but I think I found some I like better... I will have gone through 4 sets of rims in one year.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I will have gone through 4 sets of rims in one year.
[/b]
That's nothing... I've gone through four entire cars in a year :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I am getting 16" wheels, then do I need a different tire size (I mean the thickness) so that my speedometer isn't off by a couple mph?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
If I am getting 16" wheels, then do I need a different tire size (I mean the thickness) so that my speedometer isn't off by a couple mph?
[/b]
Stock 15's have 205/65-15 tires. Depending on the width of the rim, you can use 205/60-16, 215/55-16, or 225/50-16. I would choose the 215/55-16's for most applications. The speedo will remain correct with any of these tires.

Offset is relative to the rim width. A 6" rim with 42mm offset is not the same as a 7" rim with 42mm offset. Offset is measure from the centerline of the rim's width. Generally speaking though, any 6-8" rim with an offset between 35mm-45mm will work with no problems.

correction... for the 16x7s I'd use 225/55-16's.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i though the offset is measured from the mounting flage of the wheel?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:( Got some better quality pictures from the seller and the rims had a ton of curb rash and one of them was bent up real bad. ugh... craigslist FTL.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I went through 2 sets of wheels that were wrong bolt pattern and I got the wrong set in the end, but I love them. You'll find your glass slipper one day buddy.

Get 17s. I've got some Kumho SPTs I need to get rid of. I wanted 17s to start with. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts