Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I'm Alberto, the guy who calibrates/calibrated Dan's car. I recently also flashed Bob's module and he seems well impressed with it. I'm also the guy who is going to make some of your cars run right.

I "frequent" several boards and answer questions related to various things. I also make and sell chips and flashes for almost every Ford vehicle, including the Taurus.

I have noticed there is some interest for a group puchase, and herein I am establishing the official dates. This group purchase will begin today 2/10/04 and will expire in one week, next Tuesday 2/17/04.

The terms of the group purchase are as follows: Every Taurus Club member wishing to participate will be entitled to $25 off the product of their choice. That means a reflash (EEC-V only) or chip for $300 plus s/h or a Microtuner for $400. For more information on our products check out our site at www.americanmotorsport.com

To order, simply send an e-mail to [email protected] with the words "Taurus Club Group Purchase" in the subject line. Please state your needs and I will send you our custom program sheet. The custom program sheet can also be downlaoded from our site at http://www.americanmotorsport.com/programsheet.doc

We accept paypal, or money orders. Anyone on the area may contact me for personal installation/flashing and datalogging. Datalogging and test-drives are extra.

B

·
0 Posts
I can personally vouch for Alberto's work and business practices. I sent a spare PCM to him last week, and had it back, reflashed, within three days. I have not yet had time to get to the dyno, however I was very impressed. My PCM worked correctly right out of the box, on the first attempt.

Shifting was very much improved. The shifts are not harsh at all, but have been quickened up. The WOT upshift is further up in the RPM range in all gears, and the car, like Dan Thomas', pulls much harder in all gears. I can definitely feel a difference.

Businesswise, I've emailed Alberto quite a few times with questions on tuning, injector size, supercharging, and pretty much anything under the sun to deal with EEC tuning. I've always gotten an answer within two hours, most times within an hour. Alberto is also extremely knowledgable, I got the correct answers the first time, and a lot of mysteries were solved with Alberto's help. Customer service is second to none!

Within the next few weeks, I hope to get to the dyno, and get some figures, with the stock PCM, Apten chip, and American MotorSport reflashed PCM. It'll be nice to compare figures.

For all the reasons listed above, I feel very comfortable recommending Alberto and American MotorSport. Buy with confidence, guys and gals, American MotorSport is top notch.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts

-Dan

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
First off, I would like to say I'm very interested in purchasing a chip.

How much time does it take to install one of your chips?

Dan, Bob - Did you guys purchase a chip or a microtuner?

If I purchased a chip, how much does it cost to get it reflashed if I upgrade my intake, etc?

Is there anyway to get an extension on the date? I would really like to purchase one, but coming up with $300+ in a week (especially around valentines day) is nearly impossible for me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As per request of Bob and other members, I am extending the date for an additional week. Is that enough for everyone?

To answer your questions, it takes about 15 minutes (taking your time) to install a chip.

Dan and Bob purchased reflashes, which means I reprogrammed their stock computers. I have the ability to flashthe EEC without use of a mictrotuner, but I need the car or the EEC. Price is the same as a chip. There is no real difference, other than that it is one less electrical connection to worry about. It also helps with some of the 99-00 cars that have the port shut off, to not have to solder and simply reflash.

Also, as reburning or re-flashing for mods, cost depends on what is changed. However, contrary to what other programmers will tell you, you DO NOT need a reburn for changing intakes.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
would you be able to do anything with a sho ecu and if so can i give a list of what out of it?

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Feb 10 2004, 09:54 AM
Dan, Bob - Did you guys purchase a chip or a microtuner?
I sent my PCM for a reflash. I had a spare that worked on the car, so I sent that to Alberto.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Feb 10 2004, 10:07 PM
would you be able to do anything with a sho ecu and if so can i give a list of what out of it?
Alberto, meet Tman. He speaks his own language, we've dubbed it "Tmanese". He means well, and is a great guy.

I beleive what he wants to know is can he give you a list of what he WANTS out of it.

You're welcome Greg.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
thx i was in a hurry and i never recheck my post for typos or if it even makes sense
....ok new years resolution is to try make every post from now on nice and error free and very legiable....and like bob said if you can make a chip for a 3.0 mtx sho then can i give you a list of what i want the chip to do....there sound better?

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM
thx i was in a hurry and i never recheck my post for typos or if it even makes sense
....ok new years resolution is to try make every post from now on nice and error free and very legiable....and like bob said if you can make a chip for a 3.0 mtx sho then can i give you a list of what i want the chip to do....there sound better?
Much!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Tman@Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM
Yes, you can fill out my custom program sheet. All of my chips are custom tailored to what each client wants.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Hey Alberto, I notice that you mention for EEC-V vehicles, but do you do anything for the EEC-IV computers? Like my car is a 1990, are you able to do any work on it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The distinction was for flashing. Only EEC-V computers can be flashed. Chips are available for all PCM types.

E-mail me your EEC code and I will see if I have anything for you.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Alberto

I'm assuming you use to worked with Jerry of Fordchip and Brian of Apten chip?

I have had my Fordchip flashed and reflashed by Apten chip and am basically happy with it. But at WOT, on the dyno with Brian, the chart I have shows about a 12.75:1 F/A mixture. Some have told me this is not rich enough. Any comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to for for Jerry, yes. I was also involved in the pre-production of the SCT software. I still work closely with Jerry, as we are friends.

I know Brian but have not worked with him.

I would go 12.5:1.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To all who have ordered, orders have begun shipping. First batch will go out tommorrow.

To those who still have not ordered, better get your orders in while the discount is in effect!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts