Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
What was the factory tire for the 2005 Taurus SEL? I can't find it on tirerack anymore?
[/b]
afaik it was a continental tire, but it doesn't seem to be popular among the G4/4.5 members.

I could be wrong, someone else will chime in though with a more detailed / correct answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure it was contis for all of the G4s. IMO, they were horrible... but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure it was contis for all of the G4s. IMO, they were horrible... but to each his own.
[/b]
Absolutely horrid Continentals, and they don't make them anymore, thank God!

The only tires I've ever had that were as bad as those are the OEM Toyos that are on my wife's Mazda. I've wanted to get rid of them since she bought the car, though it looks like I'll never get the chance, as she might be buying a Bimmer after the first of the year...

JR

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Continental TouringContact AS.

They were unbelievably terrible, and the worst tires I've ever owned, save for the Generals (which were actually the cheap version of the TouringContact) that came on the Camry. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yes, they are horrible tires. I can't believe I had them for so long on the front of the car. I blame them for my accident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts