Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling one brand new OEM style power steering filter for a gen 3 or gen 4.

If you have ever tried to get an oem filter from the dealer, they only sell the filter with the entire PS fluid lines (return and send lines), which costs around 80 bucks.

I was gonna use the filter on my grandmas car but shes in the process of selling it I think.

Cost is $20 dollars, which includes shipping, with $1 going to TCCA

I am selling it for a bit less than what I paid, my loss is your gain.

Comes with filter, 2 hose clamps, and directions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No takers?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
if you remember correct, You had mentioned about this in ur earlier post. & I was interested & had asked for pictures.

Now, mine is a 96 GL. I have seen one unkown filter mounted on the front sub-frame. But I think it had metal lines screwed on to it (threaded fittings).
The one you have posted has rubber hoses.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by sundarpn@Feb 1 2004, 02:03 PM
if you remember correct, You had mentioned about this in ur earlier post. & I was interested & had asked for pictures.

Now, mine is a 96 GL. I have seen one unkown filter mounted on the front sub-frame. But I think it had metal lines screwed on to it (threaded fittings).
Hmmm. I didnt think it was threaded. In my Haynes repair manual it looks like its just clamped on.

-DC

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by duratecchie+Feb 2 2004, 02:14 AM-->QUOTE (duratecchie @ Feb 2 2004, 02:14 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-sundarpn
@Feb 1 2004, 02:03 PM

Hmmm. I didnt think it was threaded. In my Haynes repair manual it looks like its just clamped on.

-DC [/b]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what a coincedence. I just PM'ed you. then saw this bump. I guess I am taking that PS fitler. Just wanna take a good peek under my gen 3 to ensure that the PS fitler is on hose fittings like the pic you have posted. then its mine. Is it motorcraft?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by sundarpn@Feb 22 2004, 11:20 PM
what a coincedence. I just PM'ed you. then saw this bump. I guess I am taking that PS fitler. Just wanna take a good peek under my gen 3 to ensure that the PS fitler is on hose fittings like the pic you have posted. then its mine. Is it motorcraft?
No, the only way you can get a motorcraft PS filter is if you purchase the entire PS line from the dealer (all the hoses, return and send), which runs you about 70 bucks.

Its by Atsco, got it at autozone a few months ago for around 25 bucks, looking to get rid of it.

-Damon

PS - sundarpn, ill hold it for ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts