Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY guys ....so my mach amp finally blew out my oem speakers ,im in the market to replace all my
speakers i was wondering with the help from u guys what speakers work best with the mach rcu
and yes i do have the mach tweeters installed as well...im not looking to upgrade the tweeters
just the blown speakers thx guys

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Personal preference really. What's your price range? Infinity, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, Alpine. Can't really go wrong with these brands. More you spend better line of product you get.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Pioneer 2 ways worked for me at a good price! :)

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
+1 for the Pioneers, they are a great sounding speaker for the money.

Also, the stock speakers are 6x8's but that doesn't mean you have to buy that size necessarily... some forum members have retrofitted 6.5s, 5x7s, and even 6x9s.

Just don't buy the $20 speakers from Wal-Mart otherwise you'll be replacing them again :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Maybe I just like to go all out, but I installed Kenwood Excelon in my car. They sound excellent, they are a cut above the rest, but they do cost a bit.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I didn't post a link for Kenwoods but I actually used a set of Kenwoods for over a year and loved them. Still have them and not really using them but selling them to another member on here probably already. Just look at what you buy. Don't buy ones with a max RMS of 100watts because you will only be giving them 20 a piece so you want something that can make the most out of that 20 watts so I would aim for a speaker that is rated for 2-60 watts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I highly recommend Polk Audio.

I'm willing to give you a deal on my Polk Audio 5x7 Pair. PM me!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Alpine 5x7's all around can't complain.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow guys thanks for your help ....i dont really have a price range but im not looking to spend a boat load of cash on speakers ,i was looking at the polk speakers im my stock form on crutchfield.com they seem to be a good bang for the buck !does anyone have them installed in there bull ? i think they where call polk db series thx guys

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ May 30 2010, 12:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807808
I didn't post a link for Kenwoods but I actually used a set of Kenwoods for over a year and loved them. Still have them and not really using them but selling them to another member on here probably already. Just look at what you buy. Don't buy ones with a max RMS of 100watts because you will only be giving them 20 a piece so you want something that can make the most out of that 20 watts so I would aim for a speaker that is rated for 2-60 watts[/b]
fantastic info thank you every much ..ill keep that in mind ,i had the bass up too much and the volume too high
the speakers couldn't handle it lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ May 29 2010, 11:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807787
Just some suggestions
Infinity Reference Series $110 a pair
Alpine $90 a pair
Good Pioneers $85 a pair
Polk Audio $65 a pair Friends of mine have had great luck and love Polk Audio
Cheaper But Still Good Pioneers $60 a pair

Heres a big selection that will all work for you to browse through

Please ask any questions before you buy so we can get you sounding good again :horns:[/b]
ive been actually looking at the polk db571 they look like a good quality speaker for the money B)

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
The Polks I have heard sound great. A buddy of mine has a set of their 6.5 coax in his Nissan running off of a aftermarket a HU that puts out about the same power as the Mach and they sound great. IMO pretty clear and great bass. If you have any decent audio stores around you it's always good to go hear them in person and then buy online depending on the store but if that's not an option I don't really think you can go wrong if it's a reputable brand and a fair price. Just make sure to spend $15 on the warranty if offered for the extra piece of mind.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i plan to get the warr on the speakers and the quick wiring harness' i dont wanna hack up my factory speaker harness .........

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I ran the Polks in my Taurus as a result of blowing my rear deck speakers with my stock radio. The audio quality was noticeable and had a good thump for a 5x7 speaker. :)

Did you get my PM?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Jun 1 2010, 06:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808328
I ran the Polks in my Taurus as a result of blowing my rear deck speakers with my stock radio. The audio quality was noticeable and had a good thump for a 5x7 speaker. :)

Did you get my PM?[/b]
i did just haven't been on here in a few days.....now is 5x7 the same as 6x8?
if not i wanna keep the same size speaker in my car

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
5x7 and 6x8 are the same size speaker basically. Just Fords way of giving the audio industry the finger. I think all Ford, Mazda, and Lincoln use 5x7, 6x8 and are the only cars that do. But the hole is the same size for both speakers. Just a little more cone area on the 6x8 meaning more sound.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you remove the wiring plugs from your old factory speakers and wire on the short speaker wires that came with your aftermarket speakers you can make your own wiring adapters. I went with Clarion 2 way 5x7s when I replaced mine.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (RByers @ Jun 2 2010, 09:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808864
5x7 and 6x8 are the same size speaker basically. Just Fords way of giving the audio industry the finger. I think all Ford, Mazda, and Lincoln use 5x7, 6x8 and are the only cars that do. But the hole is the same size for both speakers. Just a little more cone area on the 6x8 meaning more sound.[/b]
Actually all Taurus Speakers are 6x8. I measured and put in 5x7's

Aftermarket 5x7's are designed to fit into an 6x8 opening, and have better sound than stock 6x8's.

IMO, Polk db571's are better than many of the speakers out there for the price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't mean to hijack, but how did you guys connect the tweeters? My car did not come with them and I'm in the process of getting the Mach unit+tweeters. I removed the door panel today before it started raining again and did not see a connector or anything. I'd love not to have to run wires all the way to the back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts