Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have a 1996 Taurus GL. I have the OEM stereo unit that has CD controls. I have all Infinity speakers, a Kenwood 4 channel amp, and a Pioneer 6-Disc changer also the original RCU (unknown what kind or model). My question is... I would like to keep the OEM stereo unit and hook up everything else to it. Would this be possible? I presently have a Pioneer head unit but would like to put OEM stereo back in its place. Is there just plug and play harnesses out there for this? :unsure: :notworthy:

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
99 Posts
The best way to do this is to get a line level converter and run it from your rear speakers. You would then run rca cables to the amp, since you have a 4 channel amp you would need 2 y adapters for the left and right channel so that you would get a signal to all 4 channels. Then hook up the speakers as you would any other aftermarket setup. I have a same kind of setup you want to do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the imput. I'm using 2 line out converters for my aftermarket stereo right now. My amp has this feature where I can run wires from a specific part (plug in, not RCA) to the idividuals speakers. What your saying is, just hook up the inverters to my speakers idividually and run the RCA's back to my amp? And hook the OEM wiring back up to the RCU in the rear?

Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
why would you want to do that your going to get far better sound from a
after market head unit

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Truthfully I know that better sound comes from the aftermarket, but because of the shape and the looks of the aftermarket replacement framing I think it looks better to have the OEM. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I have recently started my own audio/video business, and I have a product tat allows you to add aux ins to your oem stereo using the factory harness(no splicing). You have to be a dealer to order them form the place I get them, but you could search around and probably find them some where else. They are made by PIE, and if you cant find them, I could get them for you for $45 plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts