Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got oem cd changer. I do know where to plug it in. My question is where and how oem cd changer originally mounted in the trunk? Are there some mounting brackets or holes I should look for? I never had a chance to see it installed.Thanks.
98sedan se

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not sure if it is the same in your's but I know that both our car's have a RCU on the back left fender in the trunk (mine is a 2000). Pull back the carpet on the left side and you should see a silver box attached to the fender. This is the RCU. Your connector should be around there somewhere. Mine was located about 4 to 6 inches away on the wall (metal) of the car.

Did your CD changer come with a bracket? I believe they are supposed to be mount on the top of the trunk (not on the lid). I know that there are some holes in mine (because currently I have no carpet in my trunk...). Just pull the top part of the carpet down and take a look.

Note: I am not for certain that this is what that connector is used for. It has three pins inside it that I tested with a multimeter. I don't know what Pin 1 is for (perhaps signal), but Pin 2 is 12V Constant and Pin 3 is 12V ACC. So it would make a little since that this is the connector.

Derek

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
some cars had it mounted in the trunk, some in teh center sconsolse, mine was in teh center console. i would mount it ther since its colseer to the dirver and you dont ahave to get out to change a cd. i will tell more tomorrwo, i am drunk right now.

parker

1 - 3 of 3 Posts