Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anything obvious cause my front passenger side window and rear drivers side window to not function (either from the drivers side panel or at each door switch)? Drivers window and rear passenger side window work from the driver control and on the door there. Just thought its odd for the opposite windows to not work, do they share a circuit or something? I should mention I bought the car stupidly without testing all the power windows :eek:(. Everything else works (wipers, blinkers, mirrors etc....)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Could be the electrical connectors at the motors of the motors themselves. I would first take the door panel off and unplug and then reconnect the motors. This has fixed mine in the past.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I unplugged the wires from the driver's side door main power window unit and sprayed some contact cleaner in there.
Now my drivers side rear window works no problem!! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I noticed last night that the window button was not lighting up on the passenger side front door. Took the panel off today and it wasnt even plugged in. Now it works fine from driver and passenger side switch. Rear drivers side window is still no joy though, I was really hopeing it was somehow related. The button on that door lights up, and if you listen closely when you press the button you can hear a faint click inside the door but no movement. Do these motors seize up, or is there a relay on them that maybe isn't clicking fully over?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts