Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading one of the many posts about the intake silencer and something came to my mind. Why couldn't an automaker use the concept that dodge uses with the glove box drink cooler powered by the A/C, and
have a sealed chamber in the fender where cold a/c air is pumped in and then sucked by another hose into the engine. You would have cold air going in to the engine and get better performance than air from the outside.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
woudln't that kill fuel economy with the a/c running all the time?

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
nothing cools the air going into the engine quick enough other than maybe n2o

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The a/c compressor isn't large enough to handle the load of the engine cooling, and Ford dosen't need to put such gagets on their cars to make people buy them. Why not use thermo electric units to cool and heat cupholders, it's more effective then having to run the a/c to keep soda cold.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
It's actually a good idea. But have an actuator door open when the AC is being used and close when the AC is off. But then you have to replenish the air that is being sucked out by the intake.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
They say "neccessity is the mother of invention"...

Last time I checked they already have pretty fast cars with just the coventional saxophone-and-a-box-inside-the-fender system...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts