Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned this stupid taurus since August of last year. Its always had a misfire at idle (flashing CEL) Tried several inexpensive repairs nothing worked. Replaced spark plugs and coil pack=nothing. Took it into the ford dealer a few months ago they said that It needed a major engine repair to the tune of $3600. They gave me the codes of P0305 and P0316. So the other day I was driving and put the air conditioning on and the car idled fine and actually ran much better. Does this problem have something to do with the air conditioning?? By the way, I drive a 2002 Taurus SES with duratec engine.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
What plugs were you using? Was it gapped properly? Wires maybe? Carbon deposits around the plugs?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
This seems to be a somewhat common thing with the 01-03 DOHC. New wires probably won't help. I've seen a few threads with those codes too...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
take a look at the fuel injectors, see if one is clogged or more dirty then the others, and replace it if it is.

·
Registered
244 Posts
See if a higher octane fuel lessens the problem. it prob wont solve it but wont hurt

·
Registered
134 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 15 2009, 05:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717997
take a look at the fuel injectors, see if one is clogged or more dirty then the others, and replace it if it is.[/b]
********************************************************************************

Which brings to question this. I took out the fuel rod so that I could replace #3 injector (P0300/0316).

Has anyone developed a tried and true procedure to put them back together? Tops into the rod, then insert bottom? Start to the left and work to the right while cussing? Bottom in first then use a four foot crow bar to make the others slide in ok, then beat with a drillhammer until they fit?

P L E A S E do not say to look it up in Haynes or Chilton. They have not done a complete teardown and rebuild in their lives...or else the books would not be worthless as mammary glands on a bull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts