Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by ArkanSHO@Sep 25 2004, 07:28 PM
I had the car at the September 2nd Crystal Lake Cruise Night and got some pretty bizzare comments.
I've always loved this car, as I'm sure many others have.

What were people saying about it?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I have never seen it, but I do love it. That must be so fun to drive. I wanted to get a Cantour SVT for me and get my wife a GEN 3 SHO (because she can't drive a MTX)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0+Sep 25 2004, 10:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97GreenStreak3.0 @ Sep 25 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-ArkanSHO@Sep 25 2004, 07:28 PM
I had the car at the September 2nd Crystal Lake Cruise Night and got some pretty bizzare comments.
What were people saying about it?[/b][/quote]
Thanks, it is a blast to drive, but real dissapointing too, as it is hard to convince the ricers that the noise from under the hood is just a bad power steering pump, so they never bite. I end up getting stuck with the ******** in Vipers, Vettes and the occasional Cobra for the most part.

Comments at the cruise night were like "Ford never put a V-8 in no Taurus!" or "Who did the engine swap?" and my favorite "You ought not to defame the great name of Ford by putting a Yamaha built motor in that POS". This person was even more put out by the fact I covered the Ford blue oval on the rear with a YAMAHA badge. I was two cars away from a 1966 427 AC Cobra and had more hang time on my car then the Cobra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts