Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1506 Idle Air Control Overspeed Error. Im only getting this error and i have no idea what it really means. Any one know whats a fix for this is and a rough estimate of parts. Im gonna try to do it my self

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Google search for the error code and you will

get hits from other fora including Ford trucks because many models use the same engine/engine management as the Taurus.

E.G. one thread at the ford-trucks.com forum lists vacuum leak as a possible cause.

·
Registered
402 Posts
P1506 Idle Air Control Overspeed Error. Im only getting this error and i have no idea what it really means. Any one know whats a fix for this is and a rough estimate of parts. Im gonna try to do it my self
Looks like a faulty IAC valve.

Locate the valve as per this post

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...n-idle-air-control-valve-iac-2000-taurus.html

Unbolt it and spray some carb cleaner in it while holding the holes down to allow the cleaner to run out. Once it's fully air dried reinstall and reset the code and see if it comes back or your idle changes. If the code returns you've got a faulty unit.

While you've got the valve off clean the intake passages for the throttle body and intake to get rid of any carbon that could be preventing airflow.

Prices range on RockAuto from $34 to $89

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link of the IAC location. Hopefully its just dirty and i dont have to replace the whole thing and I might just clean the intake passages. might as well. thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts