Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Have had an ongoing problem with CEL coming on.

First codes were PO171-174.
Goodyear mis-diagnosed and charged me a fortune for new fuel pump (car only has 62K miles). This ended my long time relationship with them. (Besides, I can't afford them anymore !)

Had a new mechanic look at it and first thing he found was that the rear crankcase vent hose was cracked. He replaced both the front and rear crankcase hoses and that cleared the codes. (He's a mechanic where I work - a transit authority and runs his own garage)

Car was still running rough, lugging at around 40, and sometimes barely making it up a small hill.
New mechanic put in new Upper Intake Gaskets & Bolts, Grommets (they were damp) , PVC Valve, PVC Hose Assy.

Car still ran rough so we hooked up his OBD and took a drive up and down back country roads.
This time got PO301 & P0316 - #1 misfire and misfire on startup.

Both of these codes could have a lot of causes from a bad spark plug to bad catalytic converter. I took it into Ford for safety inspection and had them do the diagnostics. They came back with bad crankshaft position sensor which they would be glad to repair for $560 !! I declined and took it to my mechanic. Parts and labor came to $106 and car is running well again. (God Bless Davey the Mechanic!)

Hopefully this is the last of the trouble with this car! </span>

·
Banned
375 Posts
OMG SANDY!!! Yes I'm so glad the car is back to running like a damn champ. I'm so sorry it took so long for them to get it back to being a champ but I'm glad it is! Still a very clean car i love it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Thanks Anthony.. Now I can make it over to Pittsburgh this weekend. Need to find out who's going to be where when so I can make some plans. Looking forward to seeing you all. </span>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts