Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ford Taurus SE, 3.0L Vulcan, AX4N/4F50N transmission
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting code P0455 on my 2006 Taurus SE. Does anyone know if it's possible in ANY way that this code could be a source of vibration in the car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been getting code P0455 on my 2006 Taurus SE. If you wanto to buy gps for truck drivers, just visit AutoGuysLand to review some. Does anyone know if it's possible in ANY way that this code could be a source of vibration in the car?
The code P0455 indicates that there is a large leak in the evaporative emission control system (EVAP). The source of vibration is possible caused by old or worn spark plugs and wires. If your dirty or clogged air filter can cause your engine problem.

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 OHV
32 Posts
+1 for Ricardo. That denotes an Evap control system. Also possible that a motor mount or transmission mount can cause the vibration, but not the light to go on. Not really expensive fixes. Not trying to scare you, Shane. Unfortunately, things add up, and throwing money at it doesn't help the problem. What you actually need is a good mechanic who can sit down with you, possibly give you a payment plan (I used to do this with older customers/disabled who were on fixed incomes at discounted rates) and check the car thoroughly for you. If it was somebody I knew (or had the "right feeling" about), I did the check for free. Sometimes a car just burns you even after it gets inspected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of the good advise.

I have a guy who is a mobile mechanic that has done work for me in the past coming out to do a drain & fill on the tranny, and replace the filter. I may get some new plugs & wires and have him do that as well while he's at it. I'm not sure if he has the equipment to do any kind of exhaustive diagnostics. He has inspected the front & rear suspension, engine & trans mounts, any other things that he said could possibly cause the vibration issue. I've taken him for a drive to show him what it's doing, and he's at a loss as well. He stated that it may be that whatever is causing the vibration issue may actually have to get a bit worse before it can be pinpointed.

Would you guys recommend having a smoke test done on it to check the EVAP system.

I had the tires rotated & balanced less than 100 miles ago and it didn't seem to resolve my issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have the car in for new plugs & wires, and going to go ahead and have the PCV valve replaced. I'm going to be supplying the parts to the shop. When looking up the PCV valve, I see 2 options. With, and without electric heated pcv. How can I determine which valve I need to order?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts