Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have replaced my o2 sensor and it keeps throwing the code says the O2 sensor has a slow response anyone have any ideas before i put alot of money into it that is not needed

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
a slow responding O2 sensor could be the following;

HO2S or connector corroded
Vacuum System leak / malfuction
Fuel injector clogged / poor output
Signal shorting out to power or ground.

Check the connector and the conditon of the wiring before you replace the O2 sensor, this code indicates that it is the RIGHT FRONT HO2S. I have attached a diagram for you.

Troy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i replaced the one on the front of the engine if you open the hood an look down the one right infront of you an it was still throwing the code so i thought might be a bad o2 sensor an took it back an its still sayin it but i was told it can be the one on the back of the engine

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
^ Po133 is bank1, sensor1 (pre-cat upstream sensor on the firewall side of the engine). Bank2 is radiator side (the one you changed).

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I would change it anyway, O2 sensors are MAINTENANCE items, which means you change them on a schedule, not wait till they fail That schedule is about 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thank you all im going to take a look at it today the person i bought it from was tired of messing with it so now i have one code stopping me from passing emissions test

G

·
it might not be the O2 sensor

Hi all, for me, the engine light was coming on & off in my 97. I got the code scanned at Autozone, letting me know P0133. He told me it probably was not the O2 sensor & just put some fuel additive in. Well, I didn't do that & didn't care, cuz I lived in a small city where the a-hole EPA didn't require emission checks.

But then I moved, so I had to get this so-called "problem" fixed. I was reading online how some people forked over $45+ to replace it, but finding out they just wasted their $. Then another about switching the sensors to verify if indeed it was a faulty sensor. The back was a bich, as I stripped it a little. Even a large crescent wrench did not work. So I removed that useless exhaust return pipe (which of course ripped the end of the rusted-on pipe) & trimmed the lock on the electric plug to get a closed-end wrench around it. Then it took a homemade extension to break it.

So after several hours, I successfully swapped the sensors front & back. I was expecting to rescan after several trips, but within 15 minutes, the engine light disappeared & hasn't returned. So here are the lessons of the day:

1. Engine codes are sometimes oversensitive
2. Some Autozone employees know what they're talking about
3. The EPA is full of a bunch of clueless & meddling jackasses

1 - 7 of 7 Posts