Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got Christene back today. This pictures were taken about 20 minutes after I got her back. I haven't washed it or waxed it yet. My body guy said I have to wait 1 month before I wax it. That's ok, because I am taking her back to get the hood buffed for a final time and get the rear bumper repainted.

Before and Afters

Attachments

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Looks great! One nice touch if you want - take the chrome spear that's in the grille and replace it with a body colored spear which you can get from some place like fordpartsdirect.net or paint yourself...I'd like to do this on my car sometime...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Firespirit@Sep 23 2004, 09:46 PM
*shivers*

OH GOD I WANT!!!!!  :notworthy:
Thanks for the compliment!!!!!!!111!!!1111! She's getting there. This accident really really set me back.... But oh well nothing I can do.

As for the spear, can you buy them body colored? Because actually mine is broke from the accident. The left 2 clips a broke so I need to get a new one, i just shoved it in for the pics. :)

Edit: Yes you can. But it's sure as hell not worth $127.90. That's sooo weird, the list price is $63.95, but my price is $127.90. I'd have to see one before I jump to conclusions.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Rubix@Sep 23 2004, 11:07 PM
why not just take the spear off? based on your grill in that picture above, i think it would look hot, especially with your car's body color. either way youve got one hell of a sweet ride on your hands B)
definately a sweet ride no matter what

but if you wanna do a grill mod, get some Al mesh from any hardware store, then spray it metallic black and replace

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would I do if I were to remove the spear? Just use gutter guard over the whole thing?

That might look tight. If only I could find the damn touch up paint in that color. I can't find it anywhere.

(Off topic: Any one seen the commercials for taxi? Buckle up for safety mother... Ok, I'm done.(the commercial was just on))

Only if I could get that windsheild banner! :p

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Hey, very hot car! I love that color on the Gen 4's. You haven't been around the south side of Chicago lately (Evergreen Park, Beverly, Mt Greenwood, Oak Lawn, or anywhere else close by here) That car looks so familiar... I do remember any very nice looking Taurus, and it looks familiar, so im wondering.

Nick S.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I goto sox games often.... but the last one was about a month and half ago.

Are you the guy Ash gave the banner to?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Nope that wasn't me.. im Taurusless currently... but I have a lead on a 97 LX for cheap, I hope its in good conditon so I can get back in the game. Then I will get some banners and hook it up some. I already got plans on things to do written out, how sad. :blink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I knew you were looking... There was a gen IV on ogden by me for $4800. It was only there for 2 days, i never got a chance to get any details.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
oh that is it!!! I have to get some of those cover thingies now. Im not jocking the look either.... Sarah did it first!! :p

oh yeah... OMG your car looks really fkn sexy!! ok, that was my outburst for the day. :)

IBleghumpsyourcar

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks much better now(looked in your album). I really like that color alot. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts