Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today i was driving down the expressway today going about 65MPH and out of no where a steady stream of water starts to pour into the car. so i pull over at the next exit and check it all out. i figured it was the weather striping on the door seeing thats where it came from. but, no everything looked "normal" not sure what to do. ive had smaller problems with the driver door but nvr the passenger door.

also, at high speeds my wiper blades kind of come off the winshield so they dont remove the water. this kind of makes very difficult to drive, has anyone else experienced these problems?

·
Registered
80 Posts
On the wipers the pivot tends to corrode and stick. Try lubing them up and moving/exercising the spring. At the year of car the spring could be just too weak to hold the wipers down by now.

The leak, not sure. Were you on I-57 going North or South?? lol

If from the actual seal it could be worn out. Need to check the roof panel to frame rail seal as well, I have one on my '98 that is just starting to peel up a little. Don't see a leak but the humidity level is way up inside the car when it rains out....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah i was on 394 to 294 going north constuction was horrible lol. anyways yeah the springs may be worn out will check into to all that. and once i think about it the black material coming off the roof area is kind of weathered looking, if that makes sense lol.

also i forgot the mention when it rains out even a little bit, the rear brakes make a very loud clicking noise not a grind a very loud click. ive asked people about it said it could be my springs in the drums, but i cleaned them up real nice and replaced the hardware and it still clicks. not sure where to go from there

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
How high a speed are you driving? Have you tried Anco Contours, Rain-x Lattitude or Bosch Icon blades? I've driven my Taurus at 80 MPH in rain with Anco Contours and they stick to my windshield. (these style blades were perfected in Europe for use on the autobahn)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... i think i got it. last night on the highway it ws pouring and the wipers worked fine, but i noticed when i turn the sub up they dont really work. maybe the sub is a lil to powerful lol shaking the winshield. i have a 900watt rms x 1 going to a solo baric l7. this still does not explain why the brakes act up in the rain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts