Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gap difference between the front and back is a lot and i don't know if thats good or bad? the gap differance in the back from the tire to the car is about 1/2 and inch or there about while the front is about 2 inch. there about. do i need new suspension or is this normal?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i have pics but there not working

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You mean the gap from the top of the tire to the wheel well opening or the gap all around the tire? Our cars have "saggy-ass syndrome" which makes the back look heavy even with just a couple of people in the back. Plus they design the rear wheel well to be smaller than the front for some reason. This is true for pretty much all cars.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the gap from the top of the tire to the frame of the car. yeah but doesnt a inch and a half seema little excessive?? i dont know> i think that when christmas comes around i might get some new struts and lowering springs to hopefully level the car out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh and you said the back looks saggy with a couple of people in the back, its that low without people, now that i think of it i bet its extremely low with people in the back. i have a couple of buddys get in tomarrow ans see what happens

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Are your springs shot? Or do you mean just the wheel gap? The Taurus has a larger fender opening in the front than in the rear, y'know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i mean the gap not from fender to tire but from tire to body,the groove right above the gap where the body is is the distance i measured, and the distance form the actual body to tire is 1/2inch in back and 2in in frot. so maybe tthe springs are shot thats what i want to know

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Actually big front wheel well and smaller rear wheel well is the norm for almost all cars. It's because the front wheels are driving (FWD only), steering, and going up and down at the same time thus a bigger opening. The rear wheels just need to go up and down. I would think your shocks might be bad. My car has bad front shocks so my car looks level when I add a few passengers. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Your gap in the back is going to be less pretty much no matter what you do. I have kyb struts and eibach springs, and even cut the strut tabs in the front to lower the front more, and the gap is still uneven, despite the front being visually lower than the back of the car..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts