Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 taurus 3.0 ohv boiling over from resivoir. I have replace the cap the water pump twice, the thermostat twice, what should I do next? Its not showing inside the car that it is over heating. Nor is it pinging when I accellerate. I have hot air when heat is turned on. No bubbles in res from cold start. The fans com on when I turn on the ac but thats when I have the most trouble with the boiling over. If I don't use the ac it usually doesn't do it.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Have you flushed out the cooling system? The only thing I can think of is a restriction somewhere or a coolant leak somewhere not allowing the pressure to build. Also check for airflow restriction between the condenser and radiator. IIRC there have been members here who had dirt build up and restrict air flow.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Def. remove blk. plastic air dam(splash guard) below rad. & with a garden hose & nozzle spray upwards between condensor & rad. Then spray front of condensor through grill & rear of rad. through fans best you can. You will be amazed at the amt. of crap that comes out between condensor & rad. Best done on a warm & sunny day. You will get wet. Guaranteed! I would also recommend you flush the htr. core, but you say you are getting good heat so flow must not be too obstructed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a doc's apt in the am but will do after. Will let know what happens. I started tonight after letting it cool all the way down let it get to running temp this time no heat. so am going to flush again too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts