Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 99 merc sable ls. i have subs hooked up to a factory headunit. the temp control is all digital so i cant change my headunit. i need more power to my highs. any easy way to hook up another amp without happn to pay some 1? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I dunno, you need to post more information about what else you have done to the car. As it stands now, it looks like you have directly wired a set of subs to the factory radio. Which is a poor idea.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got 2 kicker cvrs and a ****** mtx 350w amp my subs hit hard enouph i need to make my highs louder

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Install tweeters and a factory Mach amp for starters

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Mach is the name for the upgraded sound system, which included a much more powerful RCU - Rear Control Unit - which houses the tuner and amplifier. It is a direct swap to replace the base RCU with the Mach RCU.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I don't think a Mach amp is going to be significant enough of an upgrade. You are probably going to need to upgrade your door speakers and go with a decent aftermarket four channel amp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i guess if you really wanted to you could install a headunit.. youd have to figure a place to put it(like in the glovebox) and i beleive you should be able to remove the connections just from the radio and use a harness to hook it up... and if the climat control is using the same battery cable as the radio then you could splice it?

idk this is all just my imagination running wild, and im probably wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts