Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried posting this on every freaking GM / Buick forum I can find and none of the lazy bastages will respond. :(
TYPICAL CHEBY GUYS !! *angry..grumble grumble grumble *

SO any ways.....
The monster in laws 97 Buick Lesabre is running a little rough, the idiot light wont go off, and its pulling a wierd code I have never seen before ?
The code says :
"manufacturer control : auxiliary in, auxiliary out"

Even when cleared the code come back instantly when started, and the check engine light stays on ( although some times it doesn't come on for a few moments.).
Any thoughts ?

3.5 years ago I replaced a little 90 degree plastic elbow water passage (bypass ?) as well as the upper intake plenum and gasket. About 3 weeks ago I replaced the mass air flow sensor, crank sensor, and serp. belt.
Plus more then likely need changing as does the oil.

·
Super Moderator
8,228 Posts
Not that familiar with GM (but I do have a 02 Grand Prix GT that I have done some work on). Does the car have an electric air pump that runs for several minutes after start up to pump air into the exh manifold? What was the exact code?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
What is the code? Maybe that is why no one responds?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
All OBDII codes are a four number format with a letter proceeding them.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
What Paul means is it'll look like this................PO123, or P1234, THEN it'll have the Definition, in which case this apparently is a manufacturer code, and it wasn't released to the makerof the scan tool you have access to. In order for you to get the true definition, you'll need to have a GM factory scanner, or do some heavy searching on the web.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tank you vetty much...
I guess its off to the deasler tomorrow then to have them scan it and **** me for $100 for the scan so I can get the number and a guestimate to the problem LOL!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Or you can have it done at Autozone for free.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I was joking :p

Ok so I found out what the code is and which part is proposed to be bad.
Its code 1655 and points to the EVAP solenoid.

Now I have another question regarding the same 97 Lesabre.
I replaced the read shoes ( drum breaks ). I thought the damn retainer spring ( on this model its a big ass w shaped retainer spring ) was supposed to slip down over something it was only made to sit partially on top of. Spent about 2 hours trying to get it to do something it wasn't made to do. Eventually took off the 4 bolts attaching spindle to the knuckle, and removed the assembly. Discovered I was a dumb ass and that it merely hangs in place and the pressure of the spring against the pads holds it in place. So I put i tall back together.
Now the ABS light is on. I did have to un plug the ABS sensor but I DID place it back on.
I did have to smack the shiat out of the spindel with a mallet to get it out of the knuckle though. But I didn't smack any where near the abs ?
I changed the front pads on the disc breaks as well.
I simply used a c clamp. ( forgot and left the lid on the master cylinder though ! DOUGH !!! )
SO any who the ABS light is on and the breaks do not seem to want to develope a har dpedal now. THey go all the way to the floor. The car stop and it has a soft pedal.
Any input ?

I woudl ask on the Buick/GM forum but they all seem to be useless asses who never respng to anythting but Rod projects with rat motors ! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts