Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you all can say that I am shamelessly trying to plug my home business, but I'm not....Or am I....

No seriously. Until my boyfriend,Jason( now that you know his name I don't have to keep saying my boyfriend), gets back from Afghanistan, I have to advertise our internet store. I was just wondering, since I am not a marketing savvy person, if anyone here knows anything about it. I have tried free advertising, but that doesn't work. And I used Google Adwords, but it is out of our price range now. Can someone help. I am tired of barely making it. I know that most websites that make good money, have 5 to 10 thousand visitors a day. But you gotta start somewhere. Someone help a blond in distress

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Depends on what you sell. You could always find smaller websites and try for advertising space. You might be able to get it cheap. Say, for instance that you sell widget A, and someone else sells widget B, and they are related in some way (if you buy one, you might buy another, but the store that sells A doesn't necessarily sell
, find someone and partner with them. Or, you could always buy advertising space on the TCCA. It would help if I knew what you sold.

JR

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We sell basics... Like some home electronics..Candles. Household appliances and things. A very few things for cars. Not parts, but things like portable battery charger with an air compressor and a portable air powered lug wrench. We are basically a small K-Mart.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Well, you could always start selling on eBay. Lots of people make awesome money on eBay, but you need to be really efficient and be able to have in-demand goods and be able to get them in and out really quickly.

You're best bet would be to partner with other small businesses you can find. Obviously you don't want to partner with businesses that sell the same goods as you, because they can undercut your prices and cannibalize your business (internet shoppers have no loyalty). You seem to sell a lot of general purpose goods, so you could always sign up for as many messageboards as you can and start spamming them with plugs (which will piss some people off, but can potentially bring customers in). PM me the link to your website, and I'll take a look and see what I can think of...

JR

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You seem to sell a lot of general purpose goods, so you could always sign up for as many messageboards as you can and start spamming them with plugs (which will piss some people off, but can potentially bring customers in).[/b]

I could check out some forums. As far as spamming. I really don't want to lose my store. But I can still find message boards that allow ads. Thanks for the help. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I dont know if this would even work, but have you tried placing advertisments in some of the local paper around where you live? There is also this advertisment/classified that keeps talking about how cheap it is to advertise with them...
http://www.americanclassifieds.com/index.cfm

Have you looked into advertisment on other search engines such as altavista, dogpile or overture?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's "satore"?[/b]
Well, mr spelling police. sa stands for stupid **s...Hows that????
Just kidding really thanks for pointing it out.... I hate typos...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Another thing that you could do, in the vein of newspaper based advertisements, is to take out small ads in Church bulletins near you house. You could even ask people from around the country to check out their local churches and find out what the cost is, what the size is, etc, and put in ads in some of the lower cost sites...

JR

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JR

Thanks for the help.
..I am looking into everything now. But as far as advertising on TCCA....Who do I need to talk to about that. Who runs this thang.

And for everyone else...I am still open to suggestions. If anyone has a web site offering advertising and anyone else with any cheap marketing ideas..I am looking for everyway I can

Thanks again JR

Tammy

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by vulcanalley@Apr 29 2004, 04:36 AM
JR

Thanks for the help.
..I am looking into everything now. But as far as advertising on TCCA....Who do I need to talk to about that. Who runs this thang.

And for everyone else...I am still open to suggestions. If anyone has a web site offering advertising and anyone else with any cheap marketing ideas..I am looking for everyway I can

Thanks again JR

Tammy
That would be AdamB, Doc, or myself. I'll send you a PM.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Apr 29 2004, 04:40 AM
That would be AdamB, Doc, or myself. I'll send you a PM.
You run things?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
No problem...you might also want to think about getting vinyl decals made for the rear window of your car with the url on it. They only cost about 20-30 bucks for a decent one, and no matter where you go, you're pimping your website!!!

JR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts