Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Iggy here, woops, Chancey to yous guys....

I've had a grand idea....and need discussion to see if this is workable, anyone wants to do it, or if everyone thinks it's a bad idea, or what! :ford:

This idea O' mine would have to have almost unanimous support. Would we like to build a project car for the Nothern chapter, could be used for show, to take to conventions enter in shows around the TCCA, or anything. Even cooler, I may even know of a car that could be obtained for CHEAP, if there is enough interest!

Not only would this be cool, in my mind, but this would give us a reason to get together a little more, considering we'll be doing all the wrenching. Some work we may not be able to do, but for the most part, we'll be getting our hands dirty.

Not only will the car be cool, there may even be a possibility of an engine upgrade (conversion) project to go into the car.....I'm trying to line things up, so I need opinions QUICKLY! If someone hasn't been on for a while give them a call and tell em' they need to post. The guy who's thinking about donating the car and motor prolly won't be open to this forever.

If you guys think it's a bad idea let me know, because it would be a small financial commitment. depending on how many people are interested. I really do mean small.....A small fund split between 8-15 people would be relatively minor. I know I would be willing to throw in about 250+, if we could get 15 chapter members to commit at that price, it could go a long way..........do it for a couple years, we have a REALLY nice car to show off........

More details on car and motor with interest.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also would be nice to have a Northern Chapter Designated car to take to the ROTB 2008!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Pinned. :thumb:

Good idea, but we'd have a hard time getting even 10 people on board. And if we got 10 people, they wouldn't be very close geographically.

I was thinking about sending out a mass PM in the near future to see if I can awaken some past members and get something going.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I'd be all for it, if i didn't have a wife, a kid, and expecting in april.

When i was on mnneons.org, it was tough to get enough people to agree on a project for some guys regionally, and the states here are even more spread out. Tough to get members that don't post often to come on, and immediately have to pay money and get involved with a project. It's a great idea, and i would contribute if it was here in town. Like everyone else, we go out less in the winter.

Good Luck, i wish i could be of more help. MAYBE in the spring or so. :D

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Chancey, are you thinking about your 91 SHO? Or what car are you talking about?

Edit: Also, who would store it and pay for the insurance?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was referring to a 91 SHO, the other items would have to be discussed.....

I understand that it would be difficult to get something going, I just figured I would throw it out there. It's just an idea to get everyone talking.....

I really want to do something as a club in the future.....it might not work right now. maybe later.......who knows

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I do think it is a great idea but storage and insurance would be an issue. Depending on what the car needed, I would pitch in 200-300 in parts from the 91 SHO in the junkyard here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
An idea would be to add the names of those contributed to the project and worked on the car to a drawing for the car after its completion.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Haha I would pitch in a bunch of money so I would have a better chance of winning. lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Haha I would pitch in a bunch of money so I would have a better chance of winning. lol
[/b]
My thought would who ever worked on or contributed to the project would have equal chance at it.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I just really want a SHO. Chancey, how much is this person asking for there SHO?

·
Registered
283 Posts
if you wanna do a sho send it to north texas perfomance in Dallas...for engine work...he has a 495hp SHO....its around 15k+ for all that engine work.....and im from the south chapter originally so ive seen it and may still have a small dyno vid(i'll look) but the rudy in the south can speak it true. and a true project car is us all getting together and working on it(and a ton of money and time)...doing it ourselves..no shops unless we cant figure it out..and collaberating ideas. but yea its a nice idea but it's better for shops or something to do b/c then its a small tax write off.

btw hello im derek...just moved to iowa city from TX so i am now a northern member so i will be here every so often. if you want more info pm me.

also my G4 is my own project car.....that all i need is $ and i can actually get busy on it which mite happen this spring.

lataZ

edit:also once the car is complete...dont sell it. you garage keep it and take it to shows on a trailer and what not all summer long reppin the TCCA and stuff....then keep it as a car we pull out for racing ON A TRACK like ROTB or a drag strip. make it an everyone car since everyone will have put $ in. also where will it be worked on? this chapter is more spread out than the south

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
A small bump (even thought it's pinned) for a good idea. I've always thought the idea of a TCCA project car would be cool.

I also think a competition between two or more chapters at a future ROTB would be fun. A couple chapters could put some $$$ together and each get a cheap Gen1/2 Vulcan, mod it up before ROTB, and then have a performance/aesthetics/etc competition at the meet.

Just throwing the idea out there, but I do like this Northern Chapter project car idea. Hopefully you guys can do something with this.

:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
thedrakin
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing