Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Northeast ROTB ?

14K views 64 replies 18 participants last post by  thefranchise713 
#1 ·
Hiya guys :)

So since everyone had sooo much fun at Carlisle, I was thinking we should all get together before summer is over, maybe somewhere in NY, sounds like a happy medium to me.... I'm not very good at planning such things, so lemme know what you guys think :D:D:D

#2 ·
I'm up for it. An inexpensive, one day outing would be fun.

We have some parks with pavillions and such near me. I'm 2 hrs from Syracuse, 3 hrs from NYC, Philly & Rochester, 4 hrs from Buffalo, and 5 hrs from Boston. Given the the way some of you drive, your times will be less! :)

I don't know how central that is to everyone?

#3 ·
I'd be down for a cheap day meet, especially being that I wasn't able to make it to Carlisle. Exocet, where you are is ~4 hrs from me. maybe something a little more central NYS to entice the southern/eastern guys/gals to go.

#7 ·
While I am in south central NY (5 miles north of the PA border - just west of I-81), that may not work for some. The Albany area also works for me (2 hr drive), but we may start to lose people on the western fringe. Plus, I don't know if we have any members from the Albany area who'd be willing to help.

We need some dots on a map to see where potential participants are coming from.

#11 ·
Good idea!

#17 ·
Although the summer is busy with my other interests, if I can make it I would be glad to attend.

#19 ·
I guess the question is where? Looks like NE PA would be a good area. Not that familiar with that area, though. Lots of stuff around the Poconos, including traffic.

Promised Land State Park east of Scranton is nice. We camped there once, but I'm not sure what facilities are available (pavillions, etc). Plus, there might be an entrance fee.

#21 ·
I'd be in! We just have to finalize a location and date. It would be cool if we all got together and went to a U-Pull it type yard in the morning, then a park lunch in the afternoon. If you wanted to do a U-pull it NJ is out of the question so it would have to be NY or PA.

#23 ·
im definitely in on this since i wasnt able to make it to the meet. by then my car should be in better shape too. im in rochester so something in central NY as said would be pretty nice

#24 ·
I could use a pull yard run. Have girly tools, will disassemble !

#26 ·
There are a couple of U-pull-it places in Scranton. A big one downtown and a smaller one off I-81. The one downtown charges an entry fee, I believe.

I can see the mad rush for something good right now!

#29 ·
#31 ·
Okay, do we want to do this in the summer (July, Aug) or fall (Sept, Oct)?

#32 ·
Seems like the yard pulls I've been on with TSCO/TCCA people have always been on the hottest day of the year ! But I can deal with it, so any time is good for me.

#33 ·
I always toss a couple water bottles in the bottom of the tool box. You never know what you're going to find or how long it will take.

#34 ·
Any thoughts on where and when? Maybe everyone's busy enjoying the summer weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.