Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
14,353 Posts
I'd be in! We just have to finalize a location and date. It would be cool if we all got together and went to a U-Pull it type yard in the morning, then a park lunch in the afternoon. If you wanted to do a U-pull it NJ is out of the question so it would have to be NY or PA.

·
Registered
549 Posts
im definitely in on this since i wasnt able to make it to the meet. by then my car should be in better shape too. im in rochester so something in central NY as said would be pretty nice

·
Registered
274 Posts
I could use a pull yard run. Have girly tools, will disassemble !

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
There are a couple of U-pull-it places in Scranton. A big one downtown and a smaller one off I-81. The one downtown charges an entry fee, I believe.

I can see the mad rush for something good right now!

·
Registered
328 Posts
So I see :)

I'm actually going to pin that link so we can plot members which would make it a TON more easier to come up with meets in the future. ;)
Or just use the one I created that also factors in how far people are willing to drive :)

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Okay, do we want to do this in the summer (July, Aug) or fall (Sept, Oct)?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Seems like the yard pulls I've been on with TSCO/TCCA people have always been on the hottest day of the year ! But I can deal with it, so any time is good for me.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Seems like the yard pulls I've been on with TSCO/TCCA people have always been on the hottest day of the year ! But I can deal with it, so any time is good for me.
I always toss a couple water bottles in the bottom of the tool box. You never know what you're going to find or how long it will take.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Any thoughts on where and when? Maybe everyone's busy enjoying the summer weather.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had posted info about 2 yards up in Scranton, which seems to be centrally located for a lot of people but didn't hear anything back.

Summer weather does tend to drag people outside and away from computers !!

·
Administrator
14,353 Posts
Scranton is about 3 hours from me. I'd be ok with a trip like that but not much more than that. 2.5-3 hours from me is pretty much the limit. A fall meet would be nice. Maybe when the foliage starts changing and temps drop a little so we aren't in a yard when it's 90* out.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking a fall meet would be better. I seriously doubt a summer one will happen, it's gotta be a pretty good venue for everyone to travel 2-3 hours one way for. I'd like to attend but I won't do it just to stand in a parking lot or boneyard for 2 hours then take off.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Anyone know of other yards that might be more central to everyone ? Distance/Time isn't an issue for me. (at least as of right now !)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think NE PA is probably a reasonable location (distance-wise) to everyone. But, that limits the JY choices, if that's what people want to do.

Maybe somewhere in the Poconos area? There has to be a park that we could meet at somewhere. Maybe a nice "drive" on some two-lane roads up in the hills. End the day at a restaurant/watering-hole for some relaxation.

Some PA state roads can be terrible, though. US highways are usually better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm up for a meet especially since I didn't make it to Carlisle. I am willing to make the drive, as I am pretty far from everyone on the Northeast Map. I'll pay attention to this thread!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts