Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys :)

So since everyone had sooo much fun at Carlisle, I was thinking we should all get together before summer is over, maybe somewhere in NY, sounds like a happy medium to me.... I'm not very good at planning such things, so lemme know what you guys think :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm up for it. An inexpensive, one day outing would be fun.

We have some parks with pavillions and such near me. I'm 2 hrs from Syracuse, 3 hrs from NYC, Philly & Rochester, 4 hrs from Buffalo, and 5 hrs from Boston. Given the the way some of you drive, your times will be less! :)

I don't know how central that is to everyone?

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I'd be down for a cheap day meet, especially being that I wasn't able to make it to Carlisle. Exocet, where you are is ~4 hrs from me. maybe something a little more central NYS to entice the southern/eastern guys/gals to go.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
While I am in south central NY (5 miles north of the PA border - just west of I-81), that may not work for some. The Albany area also works for me (2 hr drive), but we may start to lose people on the western fringe. Plus, I don't know if we have any members from the Albany area who'd be willing to help.

We need some dots on a map to see where potential participants are coming from.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
I will gladly plan another event. Already looking to plan next year's Carlisle meet.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Try this.....
Click this link and add where you are located under "additions>add marker-simple". Just put your TCCA name in it so we can see.

TCCA Northeast
Cool! All done.

Looks like the geographic center is trending towards the center of the Catskill Mountains. Interesting.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Updated my sig to have a link to thread about the map for new and existing members!

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Although the summer is busy with my other interests, if I can make it I would be glad to attend.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I guess the question is where? Looks like NE PA would be a good area. Not that familiar with that area, though. Lots of stuff around the Poconos, including traffic.

Promised Land State Park east of Scranton is nice. We camped there once, but I'm not sure what facilities are available (pavillions, etc). Plus, there might be an entrance fee.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in... depending on the date !

1 - 20 of 65 Posts