Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Nov 13 2009, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766789
QUOTE (REDTRUCKCHASER @ Nov 13 2009, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766780
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I'd go just to see how Nick and his Southern blood deal with the HOLY CRAP IT"S COLD thing ! You'd def have to leave the shorts at home. </span>[/b]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: I gotta see Nick up here in the snow.
[/b][/quote]
Nick just about called 911 when it got down below 50 the morning after the meet. I'll make sure to bring at least 30 electric blankets. And Ed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
QUOTE (daveromanjr @ Nov 14 2009, 08:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766829
QUOTE (DLC360 @ Nov 13 2009, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766789
QUOTE (REDTRUCKCHASER @ Nov 13 2009, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766780
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I'd go just to see how Nick and his Southern blood deal with the HOLY CRAP IT"S COLD thing ! You'd def have to leave the shorts at home. </span>[/b]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: I gotta see Nick up here in the snow.
[/b][/quote]
Nick just about called 911 when it got down below 50 the morning after the meet. I'll make sure to bring at least 30 electric blankets. And Ed.
[/b][/quote]

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Bring Jean. She's fluffier. I'm considering flying in if I can get a cheap airfare. I can handle the ice and snow and HOLY CRAP IT"S COLD, but just don't care to drive long distance in it. Need to look around for hotel etc as well once the PA group decides on which weekend. </span>

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I agree. Jeannie likes me better than Ed does. And you could always get a ride with Dave or Jim or somebody? I'm sure giving them your company would be loads better than giving the airlines all your money.

And of course, you'll be staying in the McGuffy building. It's mandatory.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Twilight @ Nov 12 2009, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766573
why am i on about gm and chrysler? simple... as a canadian citizen i now own 1/30millionth of 7% of chrysler. that's about as much equity as a slice of pepperoni pizza and a can of pop. or if you prefer, a 2010 dodge journey.[/b]
I think I'll take the pizza and pop :lol:

I'll be there!

We just need video of Nick sitting down on the seat in my car when it was like 8 degrees out and going AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M FROZEN OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
attention everybody attention (that second time i was speaking french)

i have updated the master list at the top with people who are coming, might be coming, and have yet to reply, so we can keep track.

ALSO: we have had a suggestion of the weekend of the 16th - opening weekend. what does everyone think of this idea? in my experience it is equally busy both weekends. like 5spdsho said the time to go is during the week, it's less busy then, but that doesn't work too well for those of us who aren't local.

everyone show up no matter what you drive, just come out and have fun with us. if you have a jeep use it! i will be arriving in a V8 rear drive sedan which means if i do arrive it will be on my own time and it will probably be sideways

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Twilight @ Nov 16 2009, 01:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=767245
everyone show up no matter what you drive, just come out and have fun with us. if you have a jeep use it! i will be arriving in a V8 rear drive sedan which means if i do arrive it will be on my own time and it will probably be sideways[/b]
As Dave powerslides into the parking spot in the 300C...and on cue from the GPS...

DING! You have arrived!

:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Nov 12 2009, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766596
I'll be there.
At least I made the dinner last year.
Nick, no more concerts/other events planned for mid-January 2010!! :lol2:

Brian (Brian_05_SEL) mentioned he was hoping to make it up here too. :)[/b]
I am there for the dinner for sure. Just let me know the date.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
James, we'll save you a seat!! :lol2:
Bring the bird!!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
You can count me in for Jan 16-17th weekend. I would not be able to do the 23-24th though. B)

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
I'm with Jason.
The 16th and 17th work out better for me too.

Note: Monday the 18th is Martin Luther King Day and some of us have that day off. :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Nov 16 2009, 10:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=767505
I'm with Jason.
The 16th and 17th work out better for me too.

Note: Monday the 18th is Martin Luther King Day and some of us have that day off. :)[/b]
:word: I would prefer MLK weekend as well.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:D Sounds good. And since '80's references never get old...

I love it when a plan comes together.

I'd be upset at not being mentioned but I only go to the Chicago Auto Show... lol[/b]
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the Chi-Town auto show is still bigger than Mo-Town's. :mj_banana:

·
Registered
257 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I can do either weekend, just need to put in for vacation time. </span>

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
since there has been a strong preference for the weekend of jan 16-17, we'll go with that weekend. now that we have a date, you can book time off work if necessary. i will try to clear my schedule for the friday and monday of that weekend so i can take my time getting there and back and maybe spend some extra time in detroit. if anyone else is coming early or staying late we can hang out and/or have some beers.

updated list of people coming as well (added jason and james)

this is already shaping up to be awesome. 9 confirmed + 8 possibles so far! keep it coming!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
The Choike's respond.

We are planning for it. But by then we should be good to go... in a rental lol

I wanna do everything.... dinner, chill, cars, laugh at Geely's, walk 20 miles in sub zero weather to Ford Field..... well maybe not the last part.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
good deal guys, ill take the weekend off. sorry i left ya'll last year, but i had a good reason. ;) living with that good reason now. and those of you who haven't met her probably will over the auto show weekend.

topic pinned so it gets most views.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Picture of Stewie= made me lol :lol:

21 - 40 of 170 Posts