Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so this thing is like 2 months away and i'm STOKED!!!!!

WHY? don't make me punch you in the jeans. all this eco stuff they're pushing, well that's great, but in the past year we've seen some wicked vehicles hit the road. new sho. new mustang 5.0. f150 raptor. the return of the camaro. chrysler's new italian uncle bringing some nifty small cars. perhaps even more geelies to laugh at.

why am i on about gm and chrysler? simple... as a canadian citizen i now own 1/30millionth of 7% of chrysler. that's about as much equity as a slice of pepperoni pizza and a can of pop. or if you prefer, a 2010 dodge journey.

17 november 2009 - the date will be jan 16-17!!! everyone request this off work if necessary.

16 november 2009 - LISTS UPDATED!!! CHECK IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT

people who AM. THERE.
alex
dave
gerry
brian
mario
sean
jim
jason
choikes
corey +rents +bro
sandy (redtruckchaser)

people who want to come but aren't 100 per cent sure about it yet (aka fencesitters)
nick
ben
kalman

people who will be coming for the dinner
james

people who never really had a choice to begin with because they either work there or just are there
jose
the mcguffy building

people who are upset at not being mentioned (or would be under certain circumstances)
ashley

as well as everyone else who usually comes that i missed, and anyone new who wants to check this out.

say what you want about the motor city and the trouble it's had, but come january, it's party time. everybody knows how to get down. and not just because they're being shot at.

this is your 8:42 wake up call. grab your chamomile and your coffee grounds and deal with this!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
:lol: @ this post. I hope I can make it :)

BTW you forgot about inviting Jose!!!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AAAAAHHHHH!!!

done. also added ben.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
QUOTE (Twilight @ Nov 12 2009, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766573
hey so this thing is like 2 months away and i'm STOKED!!!!!

WHY? don't make me punch you in the jeans. all this eco stuff they're pushing, well that's great, but in the past year we've seen some wicked vehicles hit the road. new sho. new mustang 5.0. f150 raptor. the return of the camaro. chrysler's new italian uncle bringing some nifty small cars. perhaps even more geelies to laugh at.

why am i on about gm and chrysler? simple... as a canadian citizen i now own 1/30millionth of 7% of chrysler. that's about as much equity as a slice of pepperoni pizza and a can of pop. or if you prefer, a 2010 dodge journey.

it's been a while since i've been to a proper TCCA meet and we do this one right every year so here's what's up. january 16-27 and 23-24 are the weekends in question. i can do either as long as i book off the time in advance. if you're interested, post in this thread and let me know that you are, what weekend you'd prefer, what other events you might be interested in if they're going on (monster trucks?), etc.

here is a list of people who in my opinion, should come:

jason
nick
mario
dave roman
the choikes
jim (+chris/the stig?)
sean t
the mcguffy building
jose
duraSEL (Gerry)
ben +spare tie rod[/b]
I lol'd at that. Maybe just make sure its tight? Who knew it would come undone in detroit of all places! :lol2: Maybe have to see if i can have a passport by then.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
I'll be there.
At least I made the dinner last year.
Nick, no more concerts/other events planned for mid-January 2010!! :lol2:

Brian (Brian_05_SEL) mentioned he was hoping to make it up here too. :)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Nov 12 2009, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766596
I'll be there.
At least I made the dinner last year.
Nick, no more concerts/other events planned for mid-January 2010!! :lol2:

Brian (Brian_05_SEL) mentioned he was hoping to make it up here too. :)[/b]
True dat. I have both weekends cleared with the bosses, so unless an unprecedented sh*tload of snow makes I-94 disappear between Chicago and Detroit, I'll be there! :biggrinjester: FWIW, I think we should do the meet on that first weekend the show's open, the 16th-17th. :dunno: Why wait until it's almost over, right?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I go every year but have yet to attend with the TCCA. Wish you guys didn't go on a weekend. So much better on a Tuesday or Wednesday!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i will be there, with the tcca, pick a weekend and i will take the whole time off to spend with yall. i will have my house all looking nice for the event, but im about 30miles out of the city now.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I will be there 100% for sure. Are we planning a Friday-Sunday meet?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Put me down as maybe + 3 others my parents plus my brother. I 'd go by myself but I'm afraid the tranny in the Taurus will leave me stranded somewhere and I don't drive the mustang in the winter, plus I'm not old enough to rent a car . I'll see if any of my local car dealers have any Taurus to rent though so I can at least have a Taurus at a Taurus Car Club meet, otherwise I'd have show up in a Jeep

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (corey @ Nov 13 2009, 04:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766740
Put me down as maybe + 3 others my parents plus my brother. I 'd go by myself but I'm afraid the tranny in the Taurus will leave me stranded somewhere and I don't drive the mustang in the winter, plus I'm not old enough to rent a car . I'll see if any of my local car dealers have any Taurus to rent though so I can at least have a Taurus at a Taurus Car Club meet, otherwise I'd have show up in a Jeep[/b]
The time spent in Detroit for the meet generally doesn't include a whole lot of outside time due to the whole winter/snow/ice/HOLY CRAP IT'S COLD thing :lol: Just show up bull or no bull. :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah, I'd say the car you drive really doesn't matter. A Jeep would probably be better anyways. The weather is usually awful nomatter which weekend we choose.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
now that you say that about the weather it would make more scene to drive the jeep also I was just reading on the website for the car show and if we can get 25 or more people to go tickets are only $8.00 a person

Ticket info

·
Registered
257 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I'd go just to see how Nick and his Southern blood deal with the HOLY CRAP IT"S COLD thing ! You'd def have to leave the shorts at home. </span>

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
QUOTE (REDTRUCKCHASER @ Nov 13 2009, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766780
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I'd go just to see how Nick and his Southern blood deal with the HOLY CRAP IT"S COLD thing ! You'd def have to leave the shorts at home. </span>[/b]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: I gotta see Nick up here in the snow.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts