Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes battery is exactly 775 CCA, video is just as i said, i can do tomorrow or Monday.

Testing is easy just connect it to bat then adjust knob to half of battery size, but then it immediately goes solid beep and that's all that hapens along with heating up and burned smell, i could try to change it in the store this unit might be bad, but i actually read on battery thart it has 3 year free replacement too, i will go to sears tomorrow to try and exchange it.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
THATS WHAT I SAID TO DO EARLIER... WOW!!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Went to sears, they checked with their load tester, result was same 11amp under load and it shown at the end that "battery is good".

P.S. I am looking for alternator repair kit and voltage regulator, can someone give me link?

·
Registered
1 Posts
cjjames23 I am not saying i have short, but thanks for info on finding it.
I was just exploring possibility of short when charger failed to charge the battery overnight.

I believe measuring resistance on open circuit of the car shows you that you have short because it supposed to be zero, however i am not sure if 50 Om is bad enough or not?

Or is there other method?
You have a 50 ohm short to ground! Values range in the 300 k to megaohm ranges! It will not be the positive leads imsulation bared to chassis or exhaust. 50 ohms is closer to what a short in a radio or power amp booster and a lot of other things. You might turn the ignition on and start feeling around for the hot spot or buy one of those cool toys that measures heat vis infrared. Or start disconnecting circuitry until the 50 ohms goes away. Also the previous method measuring amps in series works. Both methods accomplish the same result.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
~50 ohms is not a short. About quarter amp if it did that while powered up. Ohms of that kind of circuit is not a good idea. Systems retain some voltage so measuring ohms on a dynamic circuit not good. Best amps draw when the battery is hooked up and then wait for it to go to sleep.
-chart-

61 - 70 of 70 Posts