Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there... Need some help with my dad's taurus...
I know when i programmed the keys for my f-150, it said i needed 2 to do it the easy way... (program a 3rd.) but there was a way to program a 2nd key on yer own, if u only had 1 key... I lost the paper saying how to do it... I know the instructions are the same for my dad's taurus... Does anyone know what i'm talking about... I remember them saying the car had to sit for 15 mins, or something like that...

Anyway, thanks for any help!
Also, if there is anything else i need to know about this car, please feel free to let me in on tip & hints!

Josh
aka
l32nissan < most nissan forums... (08 nissan altima)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
AFAIK, there is no way to program the 2nd key yourself unless you take it to a dealer or locksmith. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frick'n a... i know there was a way to do it on my f-150... & the way to do it if u had 2 keys was the same as the truck.... i was hoping it's be the same for this ford.....

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
F-150 site?? :)

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Do you have the owners manual? I know it's in there cause I remember reading how to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If your lucky, there might be an extra key under the dash for a remote car starter to bypass the key fob when starting the car.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The 2nd sentence tells you that you need 2 previously programmed keys to program any other keys yourself. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts