Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated. Looking for a set of factory non-chrome SHO rims and center caps for a Gen III. I believe they are silver painted vs machined. Thanks.

Coneynew

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
do you mean the 16 inch 5 spoke rims? I think I saw some on an SHO or an LX around here. Can you PM me here or the "other" site with a couple of pics, I will look around this friday and get some prices if you want.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts

^^These?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. The rims I talking about are the non-chrome version of the 'Chromies'. I was looking for these (in your pic), but every place that was selling reconditioned rims, did not sell those centercaps and they are $20/piece. If I could find a nice set w/ the center caps, I would buy them or the non-chrome Chromies :)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing that bites, is that I can find refinshed rims (like in the pic and the Chomies and non-chromies), but they all don't sell the center caps. Used ones are going for around $20/pop. I like to keep as much of the factory items as I can. Got a new set of 225/55/r16 tires, but I want to put them on a 16x6.5 wheel. In the worst case, I may end up w/ 16x7 non factory rims from Tire Rack or Discount Tire.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These rims specifically is what I would prefer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
These rims specifically is what I would prefer:
Good luck with that I have been looking for a set myself and nothing so far. I need an extra set which it will be painted black but nothing so far so. I have only seen one set so I know how they look like but anyway.....good luck finding a set or part of it. :(

LuckyB)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with that I have been looking for a set myself and nothing so far. I need an extra set which it will be painted black but nothing so far so. I have only seen one set so I know how they look like but anyway.....good luck finding a set or part of it. :(

LuckyB)
I can get them for $118/rim refinished - I am having more trouble finding the center caps than anything....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts