Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I notice the right passenger side in the dashboard is making noise. It isn't all that noticeable, you cant even hear it when the windows are down. But when there's no music playing and all the windows are up, I can hear this somewhat rattling/vibrating sound coming from the passenger side in the dashboard.
The noise comes and goes every couple of minutes. What I can tell the car drives perfectly fine. If I had my music playing like I would normaly, I wouldnt of even notice the problem.

The last thing I did to this car was replace a gasket and water pump, but that was about 2 months ago.

Does anyone have a clue to what it might be?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Noises like that (I assume it is a vibration type noise, not a clicking relay type noise) are very difficult to diagnose in person, and nearly impossible over the web. All I can suggest is have someone drive the car under the conditions that produce the noise, and have your head stuck up under the dash and try to isolate the noise when you hear it.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Tighten every bolt and screw you can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wierd noise still in dash

After drving my car around town today sadly the noise is there, but I was trying to figure out what was causing this sound and I still cant figure it out. BUT! I notice when I put the a/c on at MAX A/C (and the fan at any speed) the noise goes away but the coldness of the air conditioner is not working, it just blowing hot air. This is so strange one day it was working fine no noise and there was cold air and the nex day. . . this happen. There was no signs of anything going out, everything was working perfectly fine.
I dont know anything about car A/C, but I went to Firestone to get my A/C repaired about 2 and half years ago. My warrenty was only for 2yrs. . Should I have got some maintenance or something for my A/C within that time? I can't quite remember what they fix, (I have the paper work somewhere in my house) but they basically fix whatever needed too be repaired and replaced. . . It came out a little over a thousand bucks.

Any Ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts