Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2014 AWD and I am having a strange "Whirring" noise around 2000-2500rpms. I usually hear it in 3rd and 4th gear under normal acceleration, just before it shifts into the next gear. Its coming from und the hood, sounds like from the center, its hard to tell since it only lasts for about a second. I have also heard the same noise after I floor it and then let off the gas. Same thing, its lasts for about a second maybe two. I have 97k miles. I replaced the trans fluid around 80k and it looked fine. I also had the ptu replaced at 55k by the dealer (it was leaking).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Does the vehicle shudder or jerk forward when accelerating? Has the acceleration been affected?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No other issues with driving. Runs perfectly smooth. Just like new. Just that "whirring" sound around 2000-2500 rpms while accelerating through the gears. Its hard to hear. Its only about a second or two. If the radio is turned up or lots of road noise you wont hear it. When I floor it and hear it, its on the wind down when I let of the gas, not the wind up or redline. Definitely nothing to do with the governor, it could be at 4000 or 5000 rpms when I let off the gas and it will make that sound. It is louder under those circumstances though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 2014 AWD and I am having a strange "Whirring" noise around 2000-2500rpms. I usually hear it in 3rd and 4th gear under normal acceleration, just before it shifts into the next gear. Its coming from und the hood, sounds like from the center, its hard to tell since it only lasts for about a second. I have also heard the same noise after I floor it and then let off the gas. Same thing, its lasts for about a second maybe two. I have 97k miles. I replaced the trans fluid around 80k and it looked fine. I also had the ptu replaced at 55k by the dealer (it was leaking).
It's a bad baffle in ur muffler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts