Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my parking lights dash lights and taillights went out yday i looked up on here to troubleshoot and solve i've checked all fuses, all fuses are good what can simply be the problem someone help!!!!!!!!!!!:unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i appreciate that man alot where can i get another one would i be able to pick one up from the junk yard or would i have to get a whole new one and how much would it cost that would be alot of help thanx

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Generally, you will see a bunch of wires around the engine compartment that are screwed to the body of the car. These are your grounding points. I'm not familiar with the grounds for the Gen4 Taurus, but I would get a wire brush and check each one that you can find. I would focus on the front and driver's side of the engine bay for the lighting system. Applying some dielectric grease might also help out when you screw them back down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that i will do tomorrow i'll tell you guys how it go. i also just put a magnaflow exhaust on my bull with a glass packed resonator it sounds like a beast when i was driving it sounded like a v8 today :D :D :D i will take pics and record sound tomorrow when i get a chance and post them on a thread you guys tell me what you think when i post it tomorrow. but bacc to the subject at hand i will check the grounds tomorrow to if that is it or i will have to buy a new switch

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
either bad ground of the headlight switch is bad, mine went on my contour, also double check fuses i had the same problem and i check the fuses a hundred times and i guess kept skipping one and found a bad fuse a month later. it went bad from a bad ground from an led strip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.