Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum but could really use so help on my 2002 24v SES. Last Sunday the car died while my wife was on her way home. All of the lights came on in the dash cluster and then died. When I got down to where it stopped there seemed to be a slight burning odor comong from the engine compartment. Car wouldn't jump start. Tows it home and removed the battery and had it tested. Battery tested good so I brought it back home and reintalled it. Put the key in the ignition and tried to start it. There was a very load grinding type noise like the starter stayed engaged. Turned the key to the off position but it keep "running". Jumpes out of the car to pull the battery cable and the positive one was red hot. I couldn't even touch it long enough to remove it. Car then died after a couple of seconds. Since then there is no power to the ignition. Also there are no lights on the dash, the radio won't come on and the power windows won't work. The strange thing is that I have headlights, dome lignt, power locks work, trunk release works and the anti theat light still flashes on the dash like normal. It almost seems like the car is locked in a security mode.

Ha anybody experienced anything like this? I'm at a loss on whta the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts