Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why there is not a quick strut manufactured for the 08-09 Sable or Taurus?
Is it a supply and demand issue or is there a technical issue.
Sure is a bummer though

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Quick struts were developed due to problematic spring breakage on early Taurus. My guess is that the later Taurus don't have the breakage issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had both my fronts and backs done and I know for one, it was a complete pain to do the back ones!!! Front was fairly normal. I was very happy not to have done them myself on the garage floor. I will run these replacements until they absolutely fall apart. Good Luck!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I found the same thing for my 2010. Have to buy everything separate if you want to replace it all, kinda blows

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just had both my fronts and backs done and I know for one, it was a complete pain to do the back ones!!! Front was fairly normal. I was very happy not to have done them myself on the garage floor. I will run these replacements until they absolutely fall apart. Good Luck!
My '06 500 rears were also a pain. Finally took it to a front end shop for help. When he was done, he asked me to NOT come back to have them replaced in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts