Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced turn signal switch, two 30 amp fuses, tried different relay fuses, shaved wires to motor, checked with VM jumped from battery (motor runs) Anybody know why I get everything on multi-switch except wipers???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, forgot year, 97 3.0 GL. The only fuse under the dash was a 30amp and then there is the relay in the fuse box by the radiator (don't listen to the auto parts folks that say they are the same, there not, if I put in fuse with different diagram but same specs, AC blower doesn't work).

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
under hood relay 24 wiper and 25 hi/low. dash fuse 17 ( 30 amp ), so you have those checked. as fas as power at everything else but wiper at multi switch i would suspect bad multi switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced mult-switch, everything works but wipers. Replaced 30amp fuse under dash and wiper fuse under hood. what is wiper 25, is that the fuse next to the wiper fuse?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the two side by side black large relays in box under the hood. If so I may have wrong fuse on right (rear) side, will check and get back, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are relay 25 and 24 under hood side by side? The one toward the front is the wiper relay, will see what happens when I change out the other one and get back so others will know what happened

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bigdogg, . Swapped the wipper fuse with starter (same #) now wipper motor works BUT no blower motor! Also starter still works with swapped fuse, Ha! Going to Ford and get hand full of fuses, hopefully the exact ones for each slot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts