Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my car started to run hot during stop and go traffic. My personal mechanic noticed that once the engine reached operating temperature the cooling fans would not come one. To check to see if the fan motors had gone bad he hot wired the fans and they came on. Then he checked the fuses. After thoroughly seeing that the fuses werent bad by putting them in another slot he discovered no power was getting to the slots for the fuses for the fan. What would cause that? I am putting it in the shop Monday and I want to know what to expect and the possible cost to fix it. Thanks! My Taurus is a 2007 3.0 L V6

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I noticed that my car started to run hot during stop and go traffic. My personal mechanic noticed that once the engine reached operating temperature the cooling fans would not come one. To check to see if the fan motors had gone bad he hot wired the fans and they came on. Then he checked the fuses. After thoroughly seeing that the fuses werent bad by putting them in another slot he discovered no power was getting to the slots for the fuses for the fan. What would cause that? I am putting it in the shop Monday and I want to know what to expect and the possible cost to fix it. Thanks! My Taurus is a 2007 3.0 L V6
By my diag ('03) it is a 40A fuse "hot at all times" in the panel by the battery. It should be hot on one side. If not it is an issue in the fuse panel.

-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing