Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kinda sounds like one of those Miracle Inventions you see advertised late night on infomercials. .... seems a bit sketchy to me. Personally, I think if you want your car to not rust, swap all metal parts with fiberglass

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I can sell socks to a chicken but I don't think I could look anyone in the eye and convince them to buy this, well maybe with sunglasses

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I saw something like that attached to my friend's maxima and he still has rust.
He bought the car and it already had it on there. I think its a load of BS based on what i've seen.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
On American Hot Rod the other night they sprayed the 56 with something like that as soon as it got back from the strippers.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:uhoh2:

Waste of money.... just wash regularly

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have rad about this in chemistry. "Cathodic protection".... with all those equations..

so it doesnt work in practice...

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
not a waste...had it on our van....paint peeled cause it was a dodge, and the exposed metal did noit rust for 4 years!

just pulled it off the van and am gonna put on my bull!

brad

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its called cathodic protection, I couldnt think of the term before; and I know that it does indeed work. But something has to oxidize...and if its connected to the battery the internals of the battery will. Which = ($$). I am also concerned with how far the protection will reach. The furthur from the source the less protection...so the trunk may be vulnerable. Any comments?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its kind of funny you started this topic because I manage the reconditioning department at out ford dealership and theeee best paint protector is duponts teflon coat (R-2000) they put a 10 year gaurentee on the bottle that says you will not see so much a one spec of rust on the vehicle. Also the teflon coat prevents oxidation up to 10 times as long as the clear coat. This stuff kicks a**.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts