Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the last couple years I have been playing with the mesh grills on the wagon, with the spear, without, body color, black, silver and even trying to get different mesh at a reasonable price. Today, I took off the mesh grill for my new look. BUT FIRST to make me happy with the looks, I had to modify my original plastic grill to look like this......

I have been looking at this grill for some time and just wasnt sure about it, but I finally bought one, its a polished aluminum grill.

So, after cutting up the original grill and then mounting the new grill to it, I finally have another new look on the wagon and something a little different than the common mesh grill.

·
Registered
198 Posts
that looks cool, man i wish the second gen had a grill like the 1st gen where that grill can be changed out to a billet grill like that. my brother looked at the screen and say "man!, that stands out like chrome on a dull pastic toy." and i said no it doesnt thats cool.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks cool, man i wish the second gen had a grill like the 1st gen where that grill can be changed out to a billet grill like that. my brother looked at the screen and say "man!, that stands out like chrome on a dull pastic toy." and i said no it doesnt thats cool.

LOL...THANKS. I think it looks alot better than the fusion grills, those things are just way to thick. I have been trying to make something like this for some time, but gave up and went with this.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
I used my wonderful imagination and pictured it black instead of chrome and it made my drool a little. Nice mod wagon man.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Wow i saw the first pic of the grille and bit my tongue and then was total surprised that looks super aggressive! What kind of front lip is that?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow i saw the first pic of the grille and bit my tongue and then was total surprised that looks super aggressive! What kind of front lip is that?
The chin spoiler is a one of a kind home made special. I bought a bumper cover at the junk yard that was busted up across the top. I cut along the bottom trim line and then turned it upside down and used the stock mounting holes to hold it up. I did add four 1/4-20 bolts to hold it a little better also. The funny thing is, when asked at shows, I can honestly say it is a genuine taurus part. :p

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS everyone. One reason I went with this was becasue to many cars around here have the mesh grills. It was said that this looks to "ricer" but all the ricers around here have the mesh grill. I also wanted to step it up a little for the shows this year. There is one thats black also, but again I wanted a little bit of shine in the front. I still may mod the plastic a little more, but I am happy with the look and that you reallr cant see the honey comb or spear plastic behind it now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts