Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday morning i filled up the gas tank, when i got to the first traffic light i hurd a weird noise the brake pedal went all the way down and the car hardly slowed down and i burned a red light :eek: , i managed to get back to my inlaws using the e-brake and not going fast (about 10 kmh) after the car was parked i took a look underneath the car and their was a puddle of brake fluid under the back passenger wheel.

Since it's near a speedy muffler shop i asked what could be the problem they told me that it's probably the brake line that busted but in order to fix that they would have to check my rear brake assemble if they are ok and if they are bad they would change it, they told me that it's the only way that they would fix it .... is this true

Help me out here guys i'm completely ignorant when it comes to fixing cars i can build a house and/or computer but i couldn't fix a car if my life depended on it :wacko:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
In my old 84 olds wagon, I had the master brake line go. Now that car was a pain to stop even when the line was full of fluid, but I digress. I don't remember the dealership having to check my rear brake assembly before repairing the line. They might have, but I don't remember it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts