Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i traded in the taurus for a 2002 nissan maxima 6 speed with the 255 horspower 3.5 liter all i can say is HOLY **** what a diffence in power... lol i just wanted to thank everyone for being such a great help when my taurus had problems i learned so much about that car thanks to this website and to you all.. and i cant complain the taurus was a good car it never gave me any major problems just those stupid little anoying ones and all the wear and tear parts. hopefully the maxima holds up good over the years thanks again....andy

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I dislike how you worded your title, but I like the new car.

I just wish those things had independent rear suspension. I was always baffled why Nissan had some godawful beam suspension in the back of those things.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I'd personally consider my 03 tec SEL better than the Nissan.
Horsepower isn't everything.
200 hp is enough for me.

Good luck with your new vehicle. :)

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Jul 6 2009, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737476
Horsepower isn't everything.[/b]
Agreed, though I consider my 05 Vulcan SE better.

The Vulcan does exactly what I want it to do, and it's comfortable :)

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Ha, Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2:

At least we both have a Taurus with a mach!! :lol2: :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Haha, that is true! Though, hopefully I can find ways to make the Mach better... :D

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Dude, seriously nice ride.

The lack of IRS bugged me too, but those still handle very good.

The 5th gen Max is one of my favorite cars, good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I don't know... After owning many many Taurii and driving the girlfriends 04 Maxima I can say I much prefer the Nissan. That 3.5L sure does go and it's quite a comfy ride with a lot of features.

Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Jul 6 2009, 05:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737476
Horsepower isn't everything.
200 hp is enough for me.

Good luck with your new vehicle. :)[/b]
I completely agree with you. Me, being a Nissan tech, can say without a doubt that my Taurus rides, drives, and handles better than that Maxima.

Yes, HP isn't everything. I do give the Nissan credit on having a stronger automatic transmission and having a couple more bells and whistles on it. I'm not saying the Maxima is a bad car, since I work on them all day, but I can say I like my Taurus better.

Again, its all in what you like. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think the 0 to 60 time can be in the 6 second range depending on the shifting and it can do 14s in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all in all its a lot more sporty car than the taurus and thats what i was looking for, i wanted a standard and a more powerfull car, i cant say i would choose a taurus over a maxima like everyone else is trying to say but everyone has there own opinion

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
0-60 1/4
2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6.0 14.7
2000 Mercury Sable LS 8.6 16.8
2000 Ford Taurus SE 8.0 16.1

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its pretty nice that i average 28 mpgs too, its on premium gas though :( but still better than my taurus, it only averaged 21 or 22

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahhhh!!!................well the car know has 73000 miles and i went to check the oil and what do you know its at the add a quart line........burning oil at 73000 miles WTF!!!...............and i guess after doing research this is a common problem for nissans vq35 engines SO, Im so pissed.... you spend $8000 on a car and expect it to be solid but i guess not

ANY suggestions on what to do?, Please be nice i dont wanna hear "you shoulda keep the taurus" lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts