Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently installed a Xenon 9007-3 HID on my 96' Taurus. Everything work but my high beams. I live in the sticks so Hi beams is a must. When ever i switch to Hi beams my lows shuts off and no Hi beams. Thinking that the kit was prearranged for 9004 connections, I even switch the blue and white wires where the blue cup connects to the bulb to accommodate for the 9007 connection and still no high beams. Installed is both ballast, relay and 9007-3 bulbs. I had the same issue with my 9007-2(Hi holegen/Lo HID) before I brought the 9007-3 bulbs.

Any reason why Hi beam will not work?

Am I missing an adapter for it to work?

Please help :unsure:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I'm going to assume the high beams worked with the original halogen bulbs. High beams are on a separate circuit from the low beams and have their own fuses. Might want to check if it's blown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to assume the high beams worked with the original halogen bulbs. High beams are on a separate circuit from the low beams and have their own fuses. Might want to check if it's blown.
Yes, Halogen bulbs High beams worked. I have not check to see if there was a fuse issue. I will pst back with the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts