Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(edit: I probably should have titled this 'no vent control' because I think the heater part is okay) I have a 2000 SE with standard heat/ac controls. I replaced my heater core and hoses over the weekend and when it's all back together the vent control does not work. The temperature damper motor and controls seem to work fine but I cannot change where the air blows, it seem stuck on the defrost vents.

When I pulled the dash back to remove the old core is it possible I pulled something apart? That part of the job wasn't all that difficult, the worst was putting in the new hose assemply behind the engine. It looks like there is a vacuum diaphram way up under the dash that may control the flow but I don't have a decent manual.

Does anyone have any ideas or has this happended to you after a core change?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
First, check behind the mode (vent) selection knob to make sure its plugged in securely. Then, under the glovebox area on the evaporator/heater core box check the white vacuum plug connection. If not there, you might have knocked loose or broke the vac. hose or fitting going through the pass. firewall while wrestling the underhood hoses. Said black hose originates from a vac. manifold (box) mounted on the drivers firewall just above the brake booster and is clipped to the windshield cowl as it travels to pass. side. The hose is marked AC on the vac. manifold box.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, check behind the mode (vent) selection knob to make sure its plugged in securely. Then, under the glovebox area on the evaporator/heater core box check the white vacuum plug connection. If not there, you might have knocked loose or broke the vac. hose or fitting going through the pass. firewall while wrestling the underhood hoses. Said black hose originates from a vac. manifold (box) mounted on the drivers firewall just above the brake booster and is clipped to the windshield cowl as it travels to pass. side. The hose is marked AC on the vac. manifold box.

I'll check those areas tonight, Thank you Sheila!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts