Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and not sure if this is the right place for it..
Yes I have read all the posts about flushing the Heater Core, and Cooling system.
I have only owned the car a couple weeks. Today was foggy so I tried the defrost..Very Cold Air..
My AC works well...

I did notice is when I turn on the Fan in the Heat position, I have cold water dripping under the vehicle as if I had driven for awhile with AC on...then you shut it down like it should..But haven't turned on the AC, only heat..The water/condensation is crystal clear and cold..

Once I shut the fan off, it will stop..vehicle doesn't overheat...

Before I worry about flushing the system, is this cold water dripping normal?
It is someplace on the passenger side..any thoughts?
3.0 Vulcan 123k
Doug

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
The cold water would be normal because the A/C system is running. A/C runs in all positions except for FLOOR, VENT and OFF. All other positions, the A/C compressor runs, so what you're seeing is the condensation dripping out of the drain in the passenger side firewall and onto the ground. If you're not getting any heat, your heater core is more then likely the problem, but it could also be a blend door.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You of explaining it clearly..
I,m planning on doing a flush this weekend. and new thermostat..
I been reading the page on the Clinton flush..when it's done, do you turn the heater on? change temp?...still a little confused on location of the hoses going into the firewall..i see one hose about 5/8 going into the core I assume..then on the drivers side there is another 5/8 hose...not sure if I have a bypass hose or not..there are T's on each side
I'm not a mechanic at all if doesn't make sense..

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
If you look both heater hoses are next to each other on the firewall. Where you disconnect it is up to you. After filling the coolant system you want to put the heater on on hot and turn the heater fan on high. This helps when bleeding the air from the system. You have to run the engine long enough to open the thermostat, you will know when it open, the upper radiator hose will become hot to touch. When you're done running the engine, top the coolant off if needed. When the engine cools down, check the coolant level again and top off if needed.

Also a side note, just pay attention to how the thermostat comes out. You will want to put it in the same way, otherwise you will overheat the engine. You will notice it when you get it apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..I been looking for 2 hoses side by side coming from firewall..

I see one on the passenger side that comes from the water pump..but no hose next to it, only what looks like a vacuum line.
Then on the drivers side I see a similar hose coming out of the firewall, just below and a little left of the master cylinder,,that connects to a T..above that I assume the horizontal hose along the firewall is the bypass hose?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks..I been looking for 2 hoses side by side coming from firewall..

I see one on the passenger side that comes from the water pump..but no hose next to it, only what looks like a vacuum line.
Then on the drivers side I see a similar hose coming out of the firewall, just below and a little left of the master cylinder,,that connects to a T..above that I assume the horizontal hose along the firewall is the bypass hose?
Yes that hose that runs horizontal to the drivers side of the engine along the firewall is the bypass hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
prismatic
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing