Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok there is no heat coming out and its stuck on defrost. I checked the actuator and it moves when you turn the knob. Any idea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok there is no heat coming out and its stuck on defrost. I checked the actuator and it moves when you turn the knob. Any idea
Just had the same issue had to flush my heater core check your thermostat first just in case but heater core seems to be a common issue if you do not disconnect the hoses right from the fire wall make sure to put a vice grips or some thing in the bypass hose I’ll find the you tube video I watched and send the link

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had a similar issue on my '03 and it was a broken vacuum line. It's located high on the passenger side right before it goes through the firewall,. If I recall, it's a very small plastic line about the same size as the washer fluid line and in the same general area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. New thermostat. Actuator is moving when you switch it. A little heat but not like it was. Found the black vaccum line. It came apart had a small looking like adaptor with like a pin hole in it. How do you run a new line through the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O i forgot went to autozone they told me to buy a air door actuator. The one i got works. They aslo said the car had a air flap actuator i needed to buy. Where is the air flap actuator located

·
Registered
492 Posts
You might be able to just splice that vacuum line with a short piece of rubber vacuum hose rather that run a whole new one.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
O i forgot went to autozone they told me to buy a air door actuator. The one i got works. They aslo said the car had a air flap actuator i needed to buy. Where is the air flap actuator located
I have had to replace blend door actuator on three Taurus but never any other actuator. Not even sure what that is other than the actuator that gives you max AC which just closes off outside air. That doesn't change the heat. Damper 6,16 and 18 all work off the actuator.

What is the temperature of the heat coming from the vent. Also you need to make sure that the blend door actuator is stroking fully open.
When you say no heat do you mean air flow or temperature from what vents? You need to report on the temperature of the heater core hoses, are then hot and both the same.

Manual Schematic.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had to replace blend door actuator on three Taurus but never any other actuator. Not even sure what that is other than the actuator that gives you max AC which just closes off outside air. That doesn't change the heat. Damper 6,16 and 18 all work off the actuator.

What is the temperature of the heat coming from the vent. Also you need to make sure that the blend door actuator is stroking fully open.
When you say no heat do you mean air flow or temperature from what vents? You need to report on the temperature of the heater core hoses, are then hot and both the same.

View attachment 215396

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The air comes out the defrost. You cant switch it to the vents. Its cool air. I will check the temp when I get a chance.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
You have either a bad selector switch which is a vacuum router, bad vacuum actuator or still have a bad vacuum leak. Does sound change when you select max ac. It is also a vacuum actuator. Maybe the vacuum lines going to selector is not connected. Did you have the radio panel out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts