Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Taurus. 94 SHO 3.2. Best car i've ever owned by far.

Interesting problem though. Headlights don't work, either manually turning the switch on, or leaving the setting on auto. They just stay on daytime running lights, but don't switch to regular low beam. The parking lights and dash lights work, and the High Beams work too.

Does this sound like a problem with the headlight switch? Or am I looking at a more involved job with the multifunction switch? The DRL's are sufficient for city driving at night, but I'm eventually going to have to hit the highway soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely both headlights are burned out on low beam.
Both headlamps are ok. Swapped them with my explorer. There is no power getting to my low beam wires at the sockets.

I switched the headlamp switch tonight, and it didn't help. Looks like the multifunction switch acts as a passthrough for the low beams as well as the high beams. Someone appeared to have wired aftermarket fog lamps on the headlamp circuit, and I bet that pulled too much current through the switch. When I get my headlights working, i'm going to measure draw from the fogs. If it is too excessive, it's going to get their own circuit/relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts