Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my radiator and I thought everything went great. When I start up my car and get on the gas the battery light comes on. The light comes on when I press the gas pedal while driving and sometimes it just sticks on. Also my front amber lights on the inside of the headlights do not turn on when the lights do. The bulbs are fine as the lights do function with the turn signals. When I was putting the radiator back in I noticed a loose wire. This wire was black and was running from the starter, I ran it to the negative battery terminal as thats where I thought it had come from. On the negative side of my battery I have a wire from the starter and a wire grounded on the front assembly connected to the post. Any help would be great. Thanks.

P.S. - the rest of the lights function correctly just not the interior amber lights on the inside of the headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
on my old gen 2 when i'd get on the gass my battery light would come on also.. looked around and seen the wire on top of the alternator was loose, so i pushed it back in and the light didnt come back on...my amber lights always came on though..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts